Wednesday, January 25, 2006



I have some lovely semi-ferral cats in my back yard that I feed. Sissy has been around for about 10 years and there are about 3 young tabby males hanging out. After feeding them this morning, I looked out and saw a new arrival.

I grabbed my camera and went out and there was this fat possum drinking water from the cat's water bucket. Unusual to see them so active during the day. Awhile back I stopped putting food out for the cats after dark because I had troups of Raccoons and a some large bold possums. There was even the odd couple. A possum and raccoon who came together to feed.

This guy is pretty good sized and when I got closer he didn't seem too worried. He looks like a loveable koala in the 2nd photo. I'll do the last one in a separate post so they don't get out of order.

No comments: