Sunday, October 04, 2009

Nuit Blanche




Nuit Blanche (White Night) is a celebration of art. There were exhibits and art installations set up around the city ranging from awesome to awful. Some were small and many were very large. The huge mirrored disco ball was hung from a crane over the fountain in Luxembourg Gardens and the bright spotlights shining on it sent light reflections spinning around the gardens. Click to enlarge photo.
There was a beautiful full moon that kept popping out from behind the clouds to add to a magical evening.
This old lady did not make it 'til morning and cried "uncle" just after midnight, tired but happy not to have missed "Nuit Blanche" in Paris.

7 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Oh sweet, you did well,I think I could not stand there much more! Brave Karen, thanks for these beautiful and impressive pictures!Glad to see you enjoying Paris!
Take care sweet friend!
Léia

Lynne with an e said...

Magical photos! Glad to hear you're having a magical time.

PeterParis said...

I find similar potos on your blog and mine! What a coincidence! :-)

Virginia said...

The top shot is fabulous. Glad you got to see it all. i'll bet it was magical.
V

Vagabonde said...

I was not going to come to your blog for a month but I see that you are able to post from France. Your photos are truly beautiful. I read that from 10 October to January there is a very nice exhibition at Le Grand Palais called “de Byzance à Istanbul” it might be interesting.

Karen said...

Cezar & Leia,, It is so nice to be here. Thank you for always visiting my blogs.

Louciao, Thank you. It is Paris, how can I not?

Peter, yes, a happy coincidence. :=]

Virginia,, thank you. I think it will be my favorite and yes it was magical. But you know that just being in Paris is magical. The full moon and Nuit Blanche just something extra.

Vagabonde, Thank you for checking and visiting. I will try to post as much as I can while I'm here. Very good internet connection in my apartment. I will try to attend the exhibit. Thanks for the heads up.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Karen,
I'm so happy to see that you are following my blog... I too am following yours (both) now. I have never seen yours before. Your photos are gorgeous and I am glad you are enjoying Paris, soemthing my hubby and I have wanted to do for a long time. I have a friend who just came back after spending 6 weeks there. Have a wonderful time, and safe journey home.
Lorie