Sunday, July 06, 2008

I Hate Being Sick!!!

I woke up Thursday morning with a stuffy head and sore throat and it's progressed from there to coughing and chest congestion. I feel betrayed by my silly old body. I haven't had a cold or bronchitis in six or seven years. Adds insult to injury that it's summer and not winter. I used to get a two week bout of this every year and usually twice a year.

Quitting smoking and taking better care of myself has kept it away and when any symptom appeared I was able to nip it in the bud. Not this time. My ribs ache from coughing, my nose is sore from blowing and I just hurt all over. I'm hot & clammy and need some good home made chicken soup but it's too hot to make it.

My dear neighbor came over this morning to bomb my garage for fleas. I went to feed the strays and Gracie and came back in with my pink socks covered in the little nasty buggers. My house cats have been treated but Gracie is elusive and I haven't been able to nab her to put the stuff on her. Hope the foggers wipe out the vile little critters.

Dear neighbor is now mopping my tile floors to hopefully discourage any that made it into the house. When I spotted them on my socks, I pulled them off and tossed them into the garage then went into the tub and rinsed off my legs. All the rain last week helped drive them into the garage and probably onto poor gracie. Next project will be to trap & treat her.

1 comment:

shelley said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I know of several other people that are sick right now. I think it is harder to be all stuffed up when it is hot outside. Hope you feel better soon..............