Monday, August 15, 2011

It's early morning and I've been up for hours.  Not my usual routine but perhaps it will help with the jetlag.  We will be off early this afternoon to the airport and hope that Delta will see that it makes sense to put us on an earlier plane to Atlanta.  The way they've sent us just leaves us 40 minutes to deplane, run down the B terminal to the connector, get down to the tram and over to terminal C, and then find our gate for our plane to Dublin. 

I called last week and got a snarky agent who said they could do it for well over $200.  I hate Delta.  I called Air France to book and learned that if you press 1 for English you are routed to Delta.  Delta treats Air France customers like steerage.   Coming home from Paris we'll be on an Air France plane.  Finally!  I keep booking through them and they keep putting me on Delta. 

They now fly direct to Paris from Orlando but it's new and the dates didn't align with this trip.

Looking forward to Dublin for two days, then to Bray for the Il Divo concerts.  I've never been to Ireland so I am looking forward to it.  Then flying into London to spend 5 days there and then to Paris.  We've rented an apartment for 10 days and I am so happy to be going back again.  It almost feels as though I'm going home.  I love Paris. 

I'll try to blog while we are traveling.  Although it doesn't look as though anyone is reading my blog.  Oh, well.  I do.

This is where we are staying in Dublin.  Clontarf Castle Hotel

1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

That sounds like a great trip. I hope you made your connection. When we went to Paris last May and had to connect in Chicago we missed our connection, we were on United. In what area of Paris is your apartment? Ours was between the Bastille and the Hotel de Ville. I’ll look forward to your reports.